A Simple Approach to Achieve Peak Productivity
The Ivy Lee Method was developed by a successful businessman in the early 1900’s by the name of Ivy Lee. It is based on 5 manageable steps that are equally effective today.
Here they are:
1. At the end of each work day, write down the six most important things you need to accomplish tomorrow. Do not write down more than six tasks.
2. Prioritize those six items in order of their true importance.
3. When you arrive tomorrow, concentrate only on the first task. Work until the first task is finished before moving on to the second task.
4. Approach the rest of your list in the same fashion. At the end of the day, move any unfinished items to a new list of six tasks for the following day.
5. Repeat this process every working day. (referenced from J. Clear)
Sometimes you may be tempted to include more than 6 tasks but that is what prioritization is all about. You will get to those tasks, likely sooner than if you didn’t follow Lee’s step by step plan.
Give it a try! You have nothing to lose and a whole lot of productivity to gain!